Brief History of New Holland Baptist Church
New Holland Baptist Church was organized in 1902 when members from 16 sister churches met for the purpose of organizing a church in the new mill village. New Holland Baptist Church began with 23 charter members. The church met with the Methodist for a short time in the lobby of Holland Springs Hotel and then in a chapel the Pacolet Manufacturing Company created by moving two houses together. The present church was built in 1951, and the educational annex was added in 1962. There were 6 pastors between 1902 and 1922, and in 1924 H.G. Jarrard, Sr. served as pastor until 1961.